Can you host a Community Group?
- Can you operate a TV & DVD player?
- Are you friendly & willing to connect with others?
If you can say yes to the two questions above, then yes, you can.
Jesus spent 3 years living in community with His disciples. During the entire history of His ministry, we see the value He placed on doing life with those who were seeking God and trying to obey Him.
Rick Warren of Saddleback Church has said, “The only way you can serve God is by serving other people.” When you came to this page, you pre-qualified yourself as someone interested in serving others. You can be a Community Group host. Was God opening you up to this opportunity?
If so, this is really simple and a huge opportunity to grow spiritually. Not only will you be putting yourself into a situation that promotes spiritual growth, but…as a host, you will be given 3 additional things that will help you grow as well:
- Emails from a pastor during the Synergy Series. They will support your service, help your growth and even help you to encourage others.
- A Mentor who will be in contact with you during the 8 week session. They will pray for you, encourage you and answer questions you may have.
- All of the training that you need to host a group.
If you have any questions about Hosting, you can:
- Come to one of our scheduled orientation sessions as noted to the right
- Stop by the Grow & Serve Center on Sundays
- OR, contact the Spiritual Growth Team at: email@example.com
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions associated with hosting